Heritage Capitol Partners is seeking to develop Ormewood Forest into high density housing. Given that their development is not in keeping with the surrounding neighborhood, this requires city approval of their rezoning application.
At the August 10th Zoning Review Board hearing, faced with the recommendation from NPU-W and the City of Atlanta Planning Department to deny the rezoning application, the ZRB provided the developer a 90 day deferral on their rezoning application. Prior to the November 2nd ZRB meeting, HCP failed to post signs indicating the date of the next ZRB meeting and asked for another deferral, this time for 30 days. The rezoning hearing is now scheduled for Thursday, December 7.
We need help raising awareness and making our voices heard!
Here are easy ways you can get involved right now:
- Attend the Zoning Review Board meeting on Thursday, 12/7. Your presence will be impactful!
- Make a donation!
- Join our mailing list
- Put a sign in your yard. Contact Us to find out how
- Put a sign in your neighbor’s yard (but maybe ask them first)
- Buy a Save Ormewood Forest t-shirt
- Like the Facebook page, and while you’re at it Share a post!
- Sign the change.org petition
- Call, email, or tweet to city officials, city councilpeople, and mayoral candidates and let them know you want to Save Ormewood Forest. Check out the list below
- Help distribute information and ask for support in the neighborhood
- Join EACA so you can vote on rezoning if/when a developer attempts build high-density housing on the property (2nd Tuesday of each month @ 7:00)
- Attend three NPU-W Land Use & Zoning meetings so you can vote on rezoning (1st Tue. @ 7:00, with holiday exceptions)
- Is there some other way you want to help? Let us know and let’s work together!
There are several people who need to know that our neighborhood wants to preserve Ormewood Forest. Here are there names, phone numbers, and Twitter handles
|Kasim Reed||Mayor||(404) firstname.lastname@example.org||@KasimReed|
|Natalyn Archibong||City Council, District 5||(404) email@example.com||@NMArchibong|
|Stephanie Stuckey||Chief Resilience Officer, City of Atlanta||(404) firstname.lastname@example.org||@StuckeyStop|
|Kwanza Hall||City Council, District 2||(404) email@example.com||@kwanzahall |
|Ceasar Mitchell||City Council President||(404) firstname.lastname@example.org||@ceasarformayor|
|Mary Norwood||City Council, Post 2 At Large||(404) email@example.com||@marynorwood|
|Keisha Lance Bottoms||City Council, District 11||(404) firstname.lastname@example.org||@KeishaBottoms|
|Carla Smith||City Council, District 1||(404) email@example.com|
Contact Us to learn more about how you can get involved!